VOLUNTEERS are the heart and soul of Cowichan Community Policing & Engagement Society.
Without the commitment and dedication of the Volunteer team we would not be able to offer our valuable programs and services.
Stop in to the office and meet with Sarah Davidge-Cardinal, Program Coordinator.
We are always looking for Volunteers to join us at the Community Policing Office. What do you like to do? What drives you? What is your passion?
We have volunteer opportunities in many different areas;
We would love to have you be a part of our growing Volunteer Community.
Volunteers are seen at different spots all over the community with the Community Policing van and reader boards. They are there to help drivers become more aware of the speed they are traveling with the end goal of reducing speeding and keeping the neighbourhoods safe.
Speed Watch Volunteer responsibilities include:
- Two hour initial training session.
- Conduct a Speed Watch deployment twice a month (each deployment is 2 hours). This is done in pairs and we are happy to pair you up.
- Attend monthly general meetings.
Block Watch Captain / Co-Captain
Community residents on a “block” join together to get to know their neighbours and the comings and goings of the neighbourhood.
Captain / Co-Captain responsibilities include:
- Contact neighbours to join the Block Watch.
- Create a Map and Participant List of participants.
- Organize at least one meeting per year with participants.
- Communicate with participants via phone or e-mail fan-out.
Being the face of the Community Policing Office, Volunteers answer questions, provide information, and listen to community concerns.
Office Ambassador responsibilities include:
- Answer phone and greet visitors in a friendly professional manner.
- Office Administration as needed.
- Commitment of four hours per month. Each office shift is two hours.
If you are responsible, friendly, empathetic, and have a positive attitude, we would love to have you join our Volunteer team.
Become a Volunteer Today
Please complete the form below and we will be in touch with you as soon as we can.
If you have any questions, please contact us at the Community Policing Office and we will be happy to help.