Block Watch Society of BC Newsletter
Spring & Summer 2023
The Block Watch program provides individuals and groups of people with the tools and knowledge they need to support safe, healthy and socially rich neighborhoods.
- Neighbours watch out for neighbours.
- Families in a designated area form a communication chain aided by a block map of names, telephone numbers and addresses.
- Some groups arrange a patrol by those members who walk their dogs in the neighborhood on a regular basis (Citizen on Patrol)
- Participants meet yearly to organize and get acquainted.
- Each group has a Captain trained in the philosophy and practices of Block Watch.
Block Watch Captains
As a Block Watch Captain you are fostering a working relationship and awareness among residents that helps ward off potential dangers in your neighbourhood. With a little gift of time you are demonstrating to your friends and neighbours the importance of being committed for the good of all.
Starting a Block Watch
All Block Watch Captains & Co-Captains must complete an RCMP Police Clearance prior to starting a Block Watch group.
Step 1 – Contact our Manager of Programs & Volunteers at your convenience
Step 2 – Print off the forms below and bring them to your initial meeting